Fall Mktg/Social Media Intern
We are seeking a Marketing/Social Media college intern - ideally someone studying psychology or social work, or even marketing with an interest in mental health - to help us with various projects. This is an unpaid internship, but offers excellent experience in a non-profit entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to contribute your ideas and have your voice heard as a valuable contributor to the team.
Our physical location is Ashburn, Virginia, but we also work out of home offices so this will be a work-from-home opportunity, with meetings in person at the office once a week to go over work and set new assignments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Data entry into our database
- Scheduling of weekly social media content
- Writing thank you notes and inspirational quotes to include with our Brave Gear orders
- Assisting with organizing of Alumni gatherings
- Merchandising and marketing of Brave Gear
- More to be determined
- MUST BE Local to the DC metro area
- Social media savvy (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, YouTube)
- Ability to travel to Ashburn, VA bi-weekly
- 5-15 hours a week
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well independently
- Creative thinker, not afraid to offer up ideas for new and unique ways to reach our target audience
- Video production skills (Animoto or iMovie) a plus
This is an exciting chance to get involved - and have a voice - with an organization which is on the leading edge of social change when it comes to the way society views mental illness. This internship position will start June 1, 2018 and would run through August, until the intern needs to return to school.
To apply, please email: apply(at)thisismybrave.org and submit your resume and a video clip (can be shot on your smartphone or using a computer's webcam) telling us why you're interested in joining our team.