If you're like most Americans, you may be in need of some extra self-care today, the morning after the election.
Here are some ideas on how to take care of yourself today:
- Go for a walk.
- Call a friend.
- Listen to music.
- Have a cupcake.
- Read a book.
- Take deep belly breaths.
- Sit down with an adult (or children's) coloring book.
- Buy a bouquet of flowers.
- Watch a funny YouTube video.
- Write in your journal.
- Snuggle with your favorite furry friend.
- Meet a friend for coffee or tea.
- Unplug for an hour (or all day or week).
- Make a list of beautiful things.
- Get a manicure or pedicure.
- Forgive someone.
- Sit in nature.
- Read some positive affirmations.
- Do an anonymous act of kindness.
What would you add to this list? Comment below and let's support each other.