Today we meet another of our brave storytellers from our DC-area production. Say hi to Jenny Chen!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I was born in Wuerzburg, Germany and lived all over the place as a kid. I went to college in Maine and still dream of going back there some day. My life is pretty much comprised of writing, listening to podcast, taking walks, and hiking.
2. How has mental illness affected your life?
I suffered from anorexia, bulimia, and depression when I was in college. I've recovered from my eating disorders but still struggle with depression and anxiety. I write about mental health as a journalist.
3. Why did you want to be a part of This Is My Brave?
I wanted to share my story to show people that it is possible to recover.
4. What inspires you to get or stay mentally healthy?
The every day joys in life. The nuclear sunsets. The first warm day after a long winter. Being with friends. You miss out on all those things when you're engulfed with mental difficulties.
5. What do you hope the audience takes away from the show?
To stay strong and hopeful. No one is going through life alone.
Tickets on sale now! Hope to see you at the show on Sunday, May 15th!